FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENT
1. SAFETY FIRST
2. ARE YOU INJURED
3. CALL THE AUTHORITIES
4. EXCHANGE INFORMATION
5. RECORD THE SCENE
CLICK A QUESTION BELOW TO REVEAL THE ANSWER
THE REPAIR PROCESS
OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Parts: These are brand new parts directly from the manufacturer of your vehicle. They are the most expensive and contain a warranty if any problems should arise.
Reconditioned Parts: These are OEM parts that have been damaged and repaired back to factory specifications.
Aftermarket Parts: These are new parts that are developed by a company other than your vehicle's manufacturer. These are similar to OEM parts and still carry a warranty but are generally cheaper. Many aftermarket parts carry a certification by CAPA which helps ensure the integrity and basic quality of the part. If a situation arises where the part does not align properly or appear identical to the original part then it will be returned and a different part type will be used. Ben Clymer's The Body Shop always puts the safety and condition of your vehicle ahead of price. You can rest easy knowing we will not place aftermarket parts on your vehicle in order to achieve an inexpensive repair.
Salvage Parts: These are used OEM parts usually taken off totaled vehicles from a salvage yard. This is generally the cheapest option.
For the first 30 days we suggest that you:
• Do NOT use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes/sponges can mar the finish and damage the surface.
• Do not drive on gravel roads. Chipping the finish is easily done in the first 30 days.
• Avoid parking under trees and utility lines which are likely to attract birds. Bird droppings have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface. Also, tree sap can mar or spot a freshly painted surface.
• Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on the new finish.
• Do not scrape ice or snow from the newly painted surface.
For the first 90 days we suggest that you:
• Do not wax or polish the vehicle. This will allow the finish to dry and harden completely.
VISIT A BEN CLYMER'S LOCATION TODAY!
Conveniently located across southern California, just east of Los Angeles, Ben Clymer's The Body Shop has 5 locations to serve you better. Click a location below to find us or send a message.